Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Journal

The past couple of years I got really good at my journal because I loved copying and pasting my blog into it. I wrote in it as well. Lately, things have been so hectic and yet the counsel to keep a journal has not been rescinded. I've worried that no one especially cares what I have to say or that maybe they care but don't really have time....and then I realized that's not really what matters. I have no idea if anyone will find, read, or care about this blog but I know I enjoy it once in a while and that it definitely motivates me to keep a journal... So! Here's my committment to journaling just because I've been counseled to. If you happened here and care to stay a while, I hope it's uplifting.


The Holidays are always tender times for me. It will be 20 years this December since my Mom graduated to Heaven. I always have spices, (cinnamon, cloves, ginger, sometimes orange rinds) simmering on the stove. It's like comfort food...only comfort smells. It reminds me of her! At this time of Thanksgiving, I am grateful for her example and her testimony. There was no question for any of her posterity that she loved the Lord. Thank you, Mother, for you amazing example.

No comments: